Baking and cooking are just two of the things that I want to explore and learn more about. This month I have been channeling my inner Martha Stewart and have practiced a little in the kitchen. I wanna document my little food adventure thus the birth of this blog series called Uplifted Tummy where I share some of the recipes I tried.
For this first installment, I want to share how I baked Apple Crisp. This is the beginner’s version of Mcdo’s Apple Pie minus the crust. So, shall we start?
- 2 pieces large apples (peeled, sliced thinly)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
For the toppings
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
HOW TO MAKE APPLE CRISP
- Preheat the oven in 350F or 175C
- Wash and peel the apples. Cut it into thin slices
- Place the apple slices in a baking pan
- In a separate bowl, mix the white sugar, cinnamon and baking soda
- Sprinkle this mixture on the apple slices then pour half cup of water evenly over it
- To do the toppings, mix the oats, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda in another bowl
- Melt half cup of butter then put it in the oats mixture. Mix well.
- Put the oats mixture over the apple slices
- Finally, put the pan in the oven and bake the apples for about 40 to 45 minutes
This is how easy it is to bake apple crisp. My siblings love it! ❤ It somehow tastes like Mcdo’s apple pie! This is a good dessert that you can also recreate for the whole family. Moreover, this is another way to be creative when you have a lot of apples in your fridge.
Till my next baking sesh!